Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 12: School Has Begun!

As you may have noticed, my blog posts will be much shorter while I'm studying to become an English teacher. My first week has been hectic to say the least. This course is extremely intensive but fun at the same time. My teachers are awesome and the students that I'm learning with are just as cool. That being said the hours are long and the work is even longer which hasn't given me a lot of time to breath.

I'm also a little homesick. It's hard to go from one moment to seeing your parents, your girl friend, and your friends all the time and then for them to just disappear. I hardly talk to any of them either which makes loneliness an issue. This was one of the reasons why I wanted to live with some kids my age so when the inevitability that people in my life would stop talking to me as much I could some what cope by having some distractions around. Well the fact of the matter is I knew of this and even though it's hard I will push through because this is something that I want and with time everything gets a little easier.

On to a much happier note. As suggested by our teachers, a lot of the us went out for drinks this weekend as we shared moments of the stress we've been through and the misery that is to come. We laugh, we drank, and we drank some more. As they suspected it was a serious bonding time for all of us together and definitely much needed. I do need to train myself to go to bed around 7 and wake up around 11 on the weekends because of how silly it looks when I get too tired on the weekends around 2 and want to go home while everyone else stays up until 6! (Spaniards party hard!)

I have my first two classes this coming week on Tuesday and Thursday which is exciting and very nerve racking. My first lesson is done and prepared and the second one I start working on tomorrow so wish me luck!

These are some pics I've taken throughout the week check it out!


These were two classy ways of showing which bathroom were men's and which were women's at a restaurant I ate at.


As I travel you will constantly see street art posted here on my blog because I absolutely love street art. Here are two I've found so far in my travels

Along with wall art I will constantly be posting cool architecture too!

My building that my apartment is in is right next to Museo del Jamon which translates to Museum of Meat. It is a huge meat market, basically what I'm trying to say is that I've hit jackpot!


I got to Skype with my parents for the first time while being here. This is my mom trying to have a conversation with me while my dad does everything in his power to make me crack up. He did a very good job at that.


That is all for now. Later :)



No comments:

Post a Comment